A car accident can change your life. In a second you can lose your car, suffer several and permanent injuries and even lose your ability to provide for your family. You need an experienced attorney who cares about you and your case. Orlando Zambrano has been there he has literally been in a major car accident where he lost his car, missed time from work and suffered major injuries. A car accident case is a serious case and requires serious attention.
Auto accidents occur every hour of every day. They are one of the most common sources of personal injuries. Drivers responsible for the accident are liable for any damages, whether that's personal bodily injury or property damage. Insurance payouts that are fair and adequate can cover the costs of some damage, but oftentimes, it's not enough. When it's not enough, you may need a personal injury lawyer who has specific experience with auto accidents.
At The Law Office of Orlando Zambrano, our auto accident attorney in Texas can help you file a solid, well-supported personal injury claim to ensure you receive just and fair compensation. Contact us online or at 832-422-9399 to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION about your case today.
Common Auto Accident Injuries in Texas
Injuries sustained from auto accidents can range anywhere from minor to fatal. The types of immediate bodily injuries often involved in personal injury claims include:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and cuts
- Nerve damage
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Chronic pain
Any and all of the above injuries can be serious and life-threatening. All bodily injuries – regardless of their severity – are compensable if you are the victim of the accident. In many cases, psychological, mental, and emotional injuries are also compensable.
Types of Auto Accidents in Texas
The type of injuries you sustain depends on the type and manner of the car accident. Common types of crashes include:
- Head-on collisions, which are among the most devastating types of collisions that result in serious and life-threatening bodily injuries
- Rear-end accidents, which are among the most common and frequently result in whiplash
- Side-impact collisions, which are common, usually occur at intersections and result in a range of injuries depending on where the vehicle was struck
- Roll-over accidents, which are less common but result in head and neck injuries
- Sideswipe accidents, which are less common and occur when one of two or more vehicles traveling parallel with each other swipes the side of the other vehicle
- Blind spot accidents, which are less common and occur when one vehicle fails to spot another vehicle while changing or merging into another lane
The type of car accident can indicate liability for property and bodily damages. It's important to remember, though, that accidents can be complex events, and so though the type may initially and seemingly indicate fault, a thorough investigation must be conducted for a clear understanding of where liability falls.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Texas
Car accidents happen due to many reasons. Typically, causes can be grouped into three categories: drivers, vehicles, and environment.
- Intoxicated driving (e.g., alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, illicit drugs)
- Distracted driving (e.g., eating, texting, disciplining children)
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep while driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Decision error (e.g., driving too fast for the conditions, misjudging another driver's actions)
- Recognition error (e.g., inattention)
- Performance error (e.g., overcompensation, poor directional control)
- Manufacture defects
- Slick roads (e.g., ice, loose debris)
- View obstructions
Most crashes are the direct result of one driver. Aside from crashes caused by drivers, vehicles, or environmental conditions, there are other reasons that don't fall within these categories. For instance, pedestrians can sometimes be the cause of an accident. In other circumstances, the cause cannot be determined.
When the cause of an auto accident is easily identified, liability will also tend to be easily identifiable. More complex auto accident cases, however, require the insight of an experienced auto accident attorney and the knowledge and expertise of expert witnesses.
Benefits of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Texas
After a car accident, insurance companies will investigate the cause of the wreck to see who was at fault. They will then offer to cover the victim's expenses. Insurance companies, however, are for-profit entities. They make money by bringing in premium payments and increase profit margins by minimizing the amount of money they pay out in settlements.
When an insurance company offers a settlement, that offer may not represent the true value of fair compensation a victim deserves. Victims should be compensated for their:
- Medical bills, past, and future
- Property damage
- Lost wages, past, and future
- Reduced earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- And more
Frequently, insurance settlement offers only cover property damage and medical bills, and only those expenses incurred to date. Sometimes the settlement will also include lost wages, but again, it may only include the wages lost to date and not future wages or loss of earned income. Much of it depends on the rules of your jurisdiction.
By hiring a lawyer and pursuing these other forms of compensation, accident victims can fight for what they really deserve.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer in Texas Today
Auto accidents can be straightforward or complex. Regardless of which, it is in your best interests to speak to an auto accident attorney. At The Law Office of Orlando Zambrano, we work hard for our clients to obtain fair and just compensation. Contact us using our online form or by calling us directly at 832-422-9399 to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION today.